In modern-day times, families fall victim to spending large dollar amounts to watch blockbuster movies in pitch-black seclusion at thieving movie theaters. Okay, maybe we’re giving them a hard time, but it’s hard to find the appeal of current theaters compared to the redefined American lifestyle of the 1950s.
Life was simple! Children hula hooped until they could hula no more, teens sipped malts and devoured hamburgers at the corner ice cream parlor and adults brought families and communities together through shared experiences.
Although times have changed, FunFlicks® still believes in the magic of movies. Bring back the ’50s lifestyle value of united communities by giving your community members the unforgettable experience of watching a great flick outdoors.
Why Should You Hold Your Film Festival Outdoors?
In an increasingly technological world, we often forget the many joys of being outdoors with our friends and families. The next time you’re planning an event or hosting a film festival, remind your community what they’re missing out on by holding it outdoors!
Outdoor events and film festivals can:
- Bring people together: Strip the confining environment of movie theaters and promote a shared experience by taking your film festival outside. Festivals, by nature, are designed to bring people together. Outdoor film festivals do just that, making it about more than the movies — they’re about building relationships, making connections and enjoying what a particular movie can do for people. These are things you can’t do in the pitch-black, confined seating of theaters.
- Give you a way to thank your sponsors: Events need planning and funding, often requiring sponsors, advertisers and attendance fees to deliver a quality experience. Using technological equipment and spokespersons, you can give a heartfelt thank you to your community for supporting your event. It’s the little things.
- Act as an engaging way to promote other programs: Just as your sponsors support your event, outdoor film festivals give you an equal opportunity to support and advertise other community programs. Offer an engaging environment where active community members are more likely to see and respond positively to these programs.
We’re not saying that you absolutely can’t do these things in an indoor film festival, but it can’t compare to the feeling of togetherness that an outdoor alternative provides. Plus, by using innovative outdoor technology, you can amplify these benefits even further!
Award-Winning Festivals Are Doing It, Too!
We’re not the only one that believes in the unmatched power of outdoor film festivals. Take it from the award-winning cinema professionals, who are tailoring their offerings to their communities’ changing needs by reinventing the film festival experience.
Tribeca Film Festival
You’ve likely heard of the Tribeca Film Festival — its worldwide reach attracts thousands to its yearly showings. Recognized film celebrities Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal founded Tribeca Film Festival in 2002 in response to the devastating attacks on the World Trade Center.
The 2020 edition reinvents their film festival experience, bringing people together through an outdoor drive-in cinema event. In addition to films, teasers and film introductions, a percentage of their ticket revenue is donated to a charitable cause.
European music enthusiasts in Reggio Emilia, Italy, transformed the city’s historic main square into a musical celebration. Although they didn’t celebrate creative film work, they used outdoor screen technology to display photographs as a backdrop to the live performances.
More than 5,000 people attended the outdoor celebration, making unforgettable memories while dancing to live, joyous music.
Riviera Maya Film Festival
In Mexico, members from surrounding cities and communities enjoyed the beautiful scenery as they watched the annual awards ceremony, movie previews, exhibitions and open-air cinematic films.
People reclined on beach chairs as they watched, surrounded by calming ocean waves under a starry night sky. Of course, kids enjoyed the film festival, too, building sandcastles or playing games with other youth.
Benefits of LED Screens for Outdoor Film Festivals
During planning, you’ll face a major decision — LED screens or projectors? In our experienced opinion, we believe the clear answer is using LED screens for your outdoor film festival.
If you need more convincing, consider our summarized list of the top reasons why you should choose outdoor LED equipment for your event:
- Mobility: Most LED screens are portable enough to be set up practically anywhere. They can work in your town’s main square, the middle of a park, your backyard and even on the side of the road.
- High-quality visuals: We won’t bore you with the tech science behind what makes LED visuals so crisp, but we will boast about the superiority of its brighter, clearer visuals compared to projection imaging.
- Daylight-friendly: Your attendees will be able to see LED screens’ high-quality visuals no matter the time of day, even during the hottest and brightest months of the year.
- Versatility: When you’re not displaying any movies, you control what advertisements or other graphics you want to show. Plus, the large screen makes for some killer video game experiences before and after the movie showing!
Like everything else, quality LED screening depends on what company you rent from. We might be a little biased, but we believe FunFlicks® is your best option.
FunFlicks®: Providing Projector and LED Screens for Outdoor Film Festivals
Hop in your Thunderbird and go back in time, and we’ll meet you there with today’s industry-leading technology and experienced professionals to give you a full-service approach to outdoor film festivals.
We didn’t earn our title as America’s #1 Outdoor Movie Equipment Rental Company for nothing. We’ve spent years mastering the technology and partnership of movie equipment and services, like high end projection and LED screens.
We believe we’re the best option for your next event because of our:
- Local offerings: We network with hardworking business owners in your community. Find a fast and friendly service provider in your area that’s committed to excellent service to deliver a quality outdoor film festival experience to your community.
- Industry experience: With over 10 years of experience, we are dedicated to the growth mentality, continually learning from our partners and other industry professionals about the latest equipment and services to make your event a success.
- Competitive pricing: Our high-quality equipment doesn’t come with a high price tag, unlike our competitors. We want to make our equipment available to all organizations and community members, offering the industry’s most competitive prices.
- Outstanding, quality equipment: To us, the best outdoor film festival experience is more than amazing LED and Projection equipment. It’s also about the concert-grade sound system and exciting add-ons, like photo booths, karaoke and video gaming.
When you rent from FunFlicks®, we’ll also send an experienced event technician to deliver and set up your equipment, saving you hours of valuable time to focus on other aspects of your event. They’ll even stay through the duration of your event to ensure things run smoothly.
Contact FunFlicks® Today for Your Film Festival Needs!
If you’re ready to bring your community together through outdoor film festivals, find a movie projector and screen rental location near you. Click the map to find your nearest specialist, and they’ll make renting your project equipment easy!